It's summertime and you don't know how to grill zucchini.
If you're not gonna have one in the entire season, you'll DEFINITELY miss out on a delicious side dish — not to mention it's an easy recipe even new cooks can learn in a matter of minutes!
So go ahead and prep the ingredients!
Our team has laid out the COMPLETE RECIPE for you. We'll help you out with everything you need just so you can cook something delicious for the most important people in your life.
Easy Grilled Zucchini Recipe
Knowing this is just an easy recipe, it'll be simple for you to fetch all the other ingredients as well! You can EASILY find zucchini in the farmer's market or any grocery store.
And if you can't find one, well, nothing can hinder you anyway. Especially that you'd LOVE zucchini to become part of your summer vacation. You can always find other ways!
Ingredients to Prepare
- 1 teaspoon of Garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoon of Extra virgin olive oil
- About 1/4 cup of Lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of Lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon of Balsamic vinegar (optional)
- 2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon of Black pepper
- And 8 medium-sized Zucchini!
Prepare zucchini slices. What you'll want to do first is cut your zucchini in half — LENGTHWISE! But there's another option: You can slice it into little circles if you want lots of tiny-sized grilled zucchini to fit your large bowl.
Scatter lemon over zucchini. Next is to pour the juice and scatter the zest over the zucchini. Make sure they get an EQUAL amount so everyone gets to have a little bit of sweet and sour taste.
Brush some olive oil onto the longwise-sliced or small zucchini so it'll be ready to cook.
Add Italian seasoning. The grill gives you so much flavor already even WITHOUT extra spices. But if you'd like to give your zucchini a stronger taste, then dried herbs are a MUST! Get yourself some dried oregano, rosemary, thyme, or basil — your choice!
- Time for garlic powder. Since it goes WELL with lemon, you might want to include this as well!
And don't forget the salt and pepper. Sprinkle Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper all over zucchini. And after that, you're ready to grill!
Alternative to lemon: You can use balsamic vinegar instead of lemon for a more sharp and wine-like flavor grilled zucchini (which also has a tart aftertaste, by the way)!
Note: And you can also mix ALL the ingredients in a small bowl and brush them onto zucchini instead of sprinkling them one by one. That is if you'd like them to be well-blended before going to the grill.
Outdoor Grill Time
Preheat grill to medium-high heat. About 350 degrees Fahrenheit is enough. You can adjust the heat to a little bit higher temperature if you want a slightly more grilled zucchini.
Grease the pan. Use an oiled paper towel to control the amount of oil on the grill grates.
Toss zucchini on the grill. You can now place the zucchini over the grill pan or grill grates — whatever's available.
Cover the grill and continue cooking for 5 minutes. Let your zucchini sit for a while until it gets tender.
Rotate the zucchini slightly. This is for those who want some grill marks on their perfect zucchini. You can rotate them in the opposite direction SLIGHTLY to get those nice grill marks.
Flip zucchini after 2 minutes. Then flip them to get the backside nicely fried as well. And wait for another 3 minutes until you've grilled zucchini back to back.
Now you're ready to serve hot and perfect grilled zucchini. And voila, you're done! The side dish is all set!
Want a More Classy Grilled Zucchini?
Grilled Zucchini With Yogurt Sauce Recipe
Try this out if you're looking for something MORE appealing!
Oh... But you might be surprised by its unexpected ingredients. But if you just knew it can make your side dish look like it's made by some high-class chef, will it even matter?
So, if you're looking for something classically delicious like this, then go and fetch the ingredients right now!
Note: By the way, this WON'T be dairy-free anymore since it involves cheese!
Ingredients to Prepare
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of Lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons of fresh herbs (Dill or Mint)
- 3/4 cup of cheese (Feta or Parmesan)
- 2 tablespoons of Olive oil
- 1 minced Garlic clove
- Kosher or sea salt
- Red pepper flakes
- 6 medium-sized zucchini
Steps to Do
- Cut your zucchini into small pieces.
- Brush them with oil.
- Sprinkle salt all over zucchini.
- Start mixing yogurt, garlic, and salt in a bowl.
- Spread the sauce on a plate.
- Heat the grill at medium-high temperature.
- Once heated enough, grill zucchini for 5 minutes.
- Turn them back and let them sit for another 5 minutes.
- Transfer the perfect grilled zucchini to the plate with the sauce on it.
- Grate the cheese of your choice (powder is also fine) over grilled zucchini.
- Scatter the fresh herbs along with the zest over grilled zucchini again.
- Shower the grilled zucchini with a little bit of red pepper.
And you're done.
What to Do With Leftover Grilled Zucchini?
It'd be a TOTAL waste if you'll just throw away your grilled veggies into the trash right? Well, don't worry because it WON'T be wasted with homemade pizza!
What do you need to do? Just slice them into tiny pieces, scatter your summer squash on the bread, and add some cheese too if you like!
So are you ready to cook now?
You might want to know what nutrients you'll get from this recipe as well.
- Saturated fat of less than 1 gram
- Low carb (with only 3 grams, it's a great alternative to pasta!)
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin K
- Vitamin B6
- It's even gluten-free
- And dairy-free!
So what more could you ask for? There are also many benefits you can get from it!
With our grilled zucchini recipe, you'll definitely SATISFY your family and friends' cravings for a tasty low-carb veggie all summer long!
Don't worry if it doesn't go well at first.Practice makes perfect!
And if the ingredients are not to your liking, you're ALWAYS welcome to try out another recipe. Everyone has different tastes so just cook whatever suits your appetite the most!